* * * * (Out of * * * *) (Documentaries)
1. The Thin Blue Line (1988)
2. Gates of Heaven (1978)
3. The Fog of War (2003)
4. Fast, Cheap & Out of Control (1997)
5. Mr. Death: The Rise and Fall of Fred A. Leuchter, Jr. (1999)
6. The B-Side: Elsa Dorfman’s Portrait Photography (2017)
7. Vernon, Florida (1981)
* * * 1/2 (Out of * * * *) (Documentaries)
1. Tabloid (2010)
2. Standard Operating Procedure (2008)
3. The Unknown Known (2013)
4. A Brief History of Time (1991)
5 thoughts on “My Favorite Errol Morris Films”
His documentaries are outstanding, I agree.
Best wishes, Pete.
Their sure is something unique about Morris documentaries in terms of how they approach the subject. Anyway, thanks for dropping by 🙂
“Gates Of Heaven” might just pip the top spot for me! But it’s a photo finish for sure. Absolutely love his films. Have you seen the series, First Person? Oh my there’s some great little personal stories in there. I’ve only seen a handful of episodes but “Stairway to Heaven” was one that really stood out. And “I Dismember Mama” was bonkers too. I’m going to have to track down that series right now.
Thank you for reminding me of “First Person”? I have not seen the show, but that will change soon enough thanks to your recommendation. Anyway, thanks for dropping by 🙂
You’ll love it for sure 🙂