* * * * (Out of * * * *)
1. Kings of the Road (1976)
2. Paris, Texas (1984)
3. Alice in the Cities (1974)
4. Wings of Desire (1987)
5. The Wrong Move (1975)
6. The American Friend (1977)
7. The Goalie’s Anxiety at the Penalty Kick (1972)
(a.k.a. The Goalkeeper’s Fear of the Penalty)
(I saw it on an old VHS tape)
8. Lightning Over Water (1980)
(co-directed with Nicholas Ray)
9. Beyond the Clouds (1995)
(co-directed with Michelangelo Antonioni)
* * * * (Out of * * * *) (Short Cinema)
1. Ten Minutes Older (2002)
(Segment: “Twelve Miles to Trona”)
* * * 1/2 (Out of * * * *)
1. The Salt of the Earth (2014)
2. Pina (2011)
3. Buena Vista Social Club (1999)
4. The Soul of a Man (2003)
(Episode of PBS’s “The Blues”)
(TV Documentary miniseries)
5. Notebook on Cities and Clothes (1989)
4 thoughts on “My Favorite Wim Wenders Films”
I would go with a top three of
1) The American Friend.
2) Paris, Texas.
3) Wings of Desire.
Best wishes, Pete.
Paris, Texas is awesome. Harry Dean Stanton was so underrated!
I enjoyed The Buena Vista Social Club too. Great music, great people, it’s just a shame so many of the main players are no longer with us.
Interesting piece of trivia: Harry Dean Stanton was also in Alex Cox’s Repo Man from that same year (i.e. 1984) 🙂 Anyway, thanks for dropping by 🙂
Nice choices 🙂 Anyway, thanks for dropping by 🙂